Monday 21 December 2009

Setting Spotify proxy settings when logging in

My problem:

* Installed Spotify for the first time on work machine.
* Work has very restrictive default proxy, which bans Spotify.

Thankfully being a developer in IT we know of a few more leniant alternative proxies....

Further problem:

* When launching spotify you need to log in with no option of defining the proxy to be used.
* And the error message just say unable to log in.


Solution:

* Unplug the the network cable

This prompts an error message with allow you to change the proxy settings.
Remember to plug in your cable again!

9 comments:

Tony Heywood said...

Thats a nice tip! I use a <a href="http://www.interoute.com/enterprise/vpn>UK VPN Provider</a> to get past the spotify gate keeper when I am outside the UK on holiday but this might be easier in the long run!

Tony Heywood said...

UK VPN Provider

Quintin T. said...

Try using a VPN rather than a proxy.
usa vpn

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks.

chicago colocation said...

Wow! I know that this is a huge problem that involves intricate datas. I laughed aloud when I see the solution.

MisYahd said...

Laughing out loud here on my seat. Yes! The best solution for annoying proxy configuration is unplugging the cable to reset it.
Web Hosting UK

uk vpn said...

I don’t know if you are aware of the fact that your IP address can be seen by others whenever you visit a website, and with that information, they are able to see your location. Also Internet providing companies restrict what websites you can visit when you sign up for their service. I think no one should be able to tell me what to look or not look at on my own computer. Their job is to provide me with a good connection, and as long as I pay for it, why do they care what I do? For all this reasons now I am using VPN Services to hide my IP address and surf the Internet anonymously.

uk vpn said...

VPN is much better solution then Spotify or any other proxy.

Send Flower Pakistan said...

Your this blog giving us information about subjected topic. Thanks for doing this